- Consumer Attorney Association of Los Angeles (CAALA)
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA)
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles (WLALA)
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
Stephanie Charlin is a Partner with Kabateck LLP with an expertise in personal injury, products liability, mass torts, wrongful death, property and casualty insurance claims, and insurance bad faith.
Ms. Charlin is a tenacious advocate who has recovered over $100 million dollars for her clients. When she’s not representing policyholders in insurance disputes, she’s representing injured clients wronged by tortfeasors.
Ms. Charlin also currently leads and manages the firm’s Woolsey Fire mass tort litigation and represents wildfire victims across the state.
Ms. Charlin graduated from Loyola Law School of Los Angeles in 2017 where she was a recipient of the Alumni Scholarship Award and the Byrne Trial Advocacy scholarship. During law school, Ms. Charlin was a member of the nationally ranked Byrne Trial Advocacy Team where she received extensive training in trial experience, participating in regional and national mock trial competitions across the United States. Ms. Charlin was also an editor of the Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review. Ms. Charlin was the Vice President and member of Loyola’s Consumer Law Society.
Prior to law school, Ms. Charlin graduated cum laude with honors in legal studies with bachelor’s degrees in Psychology and Legal Studies from the University of California, Santa Cruz.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIP
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Sexual Abuse
- Wrongful Death
- Personal Injury
- Wildfires & Natural Disasters
- Mass Tort
- Consumer Rights
- Class Actions
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, Ca J.D., 2017
- University of California, Santa Cruz. B.A. Legal Studies; B.A. Psychology, 2013
- CAOC Forum Magazine, How Young Female Attorneys Can Stand Up, Step Forward, and Stand Out During the New Work-from-Home Era (March/April 2021)
- Advocate Magazine, California Damages: An Update (June 14, 2019)
- The Recorder, Timing is Everything When Suing a Dead Person (March 5, 2019)
- Clicking the “Like” Button for Recklessness: How Elonis v. Unites States Changed True Threats Analysis. 49 Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review 705 (2016)