Nicole DeVanon is a senior associate with Kabateck LLP with expertise in personal injury, premises liability, products liability, wrongful death, general negligence, class actions and mass torts.
As a skilled trial lawyer, Ms. DeVanon has handled all aspects of litigation including discovery, depositions, motion practice, expert disclosure and expert discovery. Ms. DeVanon also has also tried multiple cases to verdict, including one high profile matter against a professional sports organization. Ms. DeVanon has had numerous seven and eight figure settlements and verdicts throughout the course of her career. Prior to joining Kabateck LLP, Ms. DeVanon spent nine years at a personal injury firm in Los Angeles.
She has experience managing mass tort and class action cases involving more than 1,000 clients. Ms. DeVanon’s wide array of experience helps her achieve the best results for her clients. In addition to her litigation experience, Ms. DeVanon is also committed to providing pro bono assistance. Ms. DeVanon has represented tenants against a slum lord resulting in a favorable settlement and represented several homeless veterans in proceedings with the Veteran’s Administration for benefits.
Ms. DeVanon received her law degree from Southwestern Law School in Los Angeles where she graduated Cum Laude in 2012.
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Wrongful Death
- General Negligence
- Class Actions
- Mass Torts
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2016-2019
- Finalist, Consumer Attorneys of California, Consumer Attorney of the Year Award. 2015-2016
- Consumer Attorney Association of Los Angeles (CAALA)- Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA)- Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC)- Member
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)- Member
- Pasadena Bar Association- Member
- Daily Journal, Autonomous Cars: Who is responsible for collisions? (October 22, 2019)
- The Advocate, 2015. “Third-Party Criminal Acts and a Non-Delegable Duty Lessons from Bryan Stow v. Los Angeles Dodgers”
- The Advocate, “Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards: A Trap for the Unwary” with David R. Lira, the Advocate, 2013.
- Southwestern Law School, J.D., Cum Laude. 2012
- University of Colorado, Boulder. B.A. History, Cum Laude. 2009
- Western Center on Law and Poverty, Advisory Board 2014-Present
- Inner City Law Center Pro Bono Council, 2017- Present
- United States District Court for Central District of California
- Representation of Homeless Veterans through Inner City Law Center, 2014-Present
- Represented tenants against slumlord resulting in a six-figure settlement