Katherine A. Bruce is a Senior Associate with Kabateck LLP, specializing in a broad range of matters, including class actions, mass tort litigation, wrongful death, catastrophic injuries, business litigation, product liability, financial frauds, sexual assaults, bad faith insurance, toxic torts, and the list goes on.
Ms. Bruce is a talented and skilled trial advocate, having taken multiple cases to trial as both a plaintiff and defense attorney. Prior to joining the KBK team, Ms. Bruce worked as a defense attorney for a Southern California based firm. Her experience taught her, not only how to evaluate liability and damages from a defense perspective, but more importantly exactly how the defense places a dollar value on the case, what makes that value increase exponentially, how to keep pressure on defense counsel, and how to hit all the right triggers for their clients and the insurers to resolve cases quickly and fairly.
Ms. Bruce also worked as a judicial extern for Judge Terry J. Hatter, Jr. for the United States District Court and law clerk for the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office. Her diverse experience, working behind the bench and with criminal trial attorneys, gave her a unique insight into all aspects of litigation. She sharpened her skills advocating to the Court in oral and written arguments and she honed her talents for presenting and arguing a case to a jury.
Ms. Bruce received her law degree from Southwestern Law School where she graduated Magna Cum Laude in 2012. She was a board member for the Trial Advocacy Honors Program, a member of the Moot Courts Honors Program, and an associate editor for the Southwestern Law Review. She won competitions based on her trial advocacy skills. She received multiple academic awards, including awards in legal writing, evidence, contracts, constitutional law, and international criminal law. She received several merit-based honors and awards for overall academic achievements and success. She tutored students as a Dean’s Fellow and was a research assistant and teaching assistant for several professors.
- Member, Association of Southern California Defense Counsel, 2014-2019
- Member, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, 2012-2014
- Board Member, Trial Advocacy Honors Program, 2011-2012
- Member, Trial Advocacy Honors Program, 2010-2011
- Member, Moot Court Honors Program, 2009-2010
- Associate Editor, Southwestern Law Review, 2011-2012
- Member, Southwestern Law Review, 2010-2011
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel, Construction Defect Seminar 2018, Panel Speaker re: Defense Litigation Strategy for Habitability Claims
- Class Action
- Mass Tort
- Wrongful Death
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Business Litigation
- Product Liability
- Financial Frauds
- Sexual Assaults
- Bad Faith Insurance
- Toxic Torts
- Automotive Industry
- Aviation Industry
- Medical Malpractice
- Third Party Criminal Conduct
- Employment Law
- Southwestern Law School, Los Angeles, Ca. Juris Doctor, Magna Cum Laude, May 2012
- University of California, Irvine, Irvine, Ca. Bachelor of Arts, Criminology, Law & Society, June 2004