Traumatic Brain Injury Cases: The Fundamentals
Wednesday, July 24, 2019
U.S. Bank Tower
Eighth Floor Conference Center
633 W. Fifth St.
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Free of Charge. Space is limited.
Reservations are REQUIRED.
Free parking vouchers provided for the U.S. Bank Tower, and for LA Central Public Library parking lot across the street at 524 South Flower Street Garage
Seminar topics will include:
- Overview of the different types of traumatic brain injuries.
- Explanation and discussion of “post-concussive syndrome.”
- Psychological conditions that co-occur with traumatic brain injuries.
- Tips and strategies for vetting a traumatic brain injury case at the Intake stage.
- Using TBI experts and consultants effectively.
- Using TBI neuroimaging to evaluate a case.
- Common pitfalls of mild TBI cases.
- Tips for managing TBI clients.
The seminar will provide you with the maximum amount of useful and worthwhile information, followed by a Q&A session with KBK’s seasoned litigators and a TBI expert.
Who should attend?
- Lawyers who want to understand how to identify, evaluate, and litigate a viable TBI case.
- Lawyers who represent clients who claim “mild TBI” and/or post-concussive syndrome.
- Lawyers who are interested in learning more about the different types of TBI experts and how to use them effectively.
- Founding and Managing Partner at Kabateck LLP.
- Nationally recognized and respected consumer attorney practicing insurance bad faith, personal injury, pharmaceutical litigation, wrongful death, class action, mass torts and disaster litigation.
- His vigorous litigation on behalf of his clients has netted more than a billion dollars in recoveries.
- Makes regular appearances on CBS This Morning, ABC Good Morning America, CNN, MSNBC, NBC, FOX and CW stations.
- President-2018, Los Angeles County Bar Association.
- Distinguished Alumnus of the Year Award 2018; Loyola Law School, Los Angeles.
- Partner at Kabateck LLP.
- Accomplished litigator in a variety of practice areas, including catastrophic personal injury, mass torts, class actions, labor/employment, and law and motion.
- Ms. Mazzella has supervised KBK’s intake team since 2011, carefully evaluating a broad range of cases for legal and financial viability.
- Served as a judicial extern for the Honorable S. James Otero of the United States District Court and as Editor in Chief of the Loyola Law Review.
Dominique I. Kinney, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from the Pacific Graduate School of Psychology and Licensed Psychologist, State of California Board of Psychology.
- Since 2003, she has served as the Senior Psychologist Specialist-Neuropsychologist at Patton State Hospital (San Bernardino, California) where she conducts forensic neuropsychological assessments and provides expert opinions regarding the interaction between functional abilities and legal status. She also developed the “Standards of Care” for neuropsychologists in the CA Department of State Hospitals (DSH).
- Since 2006, she has served as the Co-Director, Neuropsychology Post Doctoral Fellowship at Patton State Hospital (San Bernardino, California).
- She also has a thriving private practice where she provides expert witness testimony as a Clinical Neuropsychologist and Clinical Psychologist throughout the state of California.
- Her work has been published in numerous peer-reviewed journals and she frequently speaks at seminars and conferences throughout the state of California.
Click on the link below to register or RSVP. REGISTER NOW!