Cases Against Schools, Public Entities and Private Institutions, including
Sexual Abuse and Molestation
Wednesday, October 23, 2019
6:00pm-6:30pm: Refreshments, wine and networking.
U.S. Bank Tower
Eighth Floor Conference Center
633 W. Fifth St.
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Free of Charge. Space is limited.
Reservations are REQUIRED.
Free parking vouchers provided for the U.S. Bank Tower, and for LA Central Public Library parking lot across the street at 524 South Flower Street Garage
Seminar topics will include:
- What qualifies as a viable case?
- Duties of school districts to students
- Public v. private entities
- Understanding unique statute of limitations
- Statute of limitations for non-public entities
- Governmental notice requirements: Minors and adults
- Employer liability
- Explaining notice and how to establish notice
- Negligent hiring, retention and supervision
- Special exceptions for employer liability
- Insurance coverage
- Child v. child, non-employees, volunteers and other perpetrators
- Hiring experts for liability and damages
- Using video evidence
- How to deal with the molester: Joint and several liability
The seminar will provide you with useful and worthwhile information, followed by a Q&A session.
Who should attend?
- Lawyers who want to understand more about claims against public entities.
- Lawyers who are looking to find potentially valuable and impactful cases.
- Lawyers who want to learn the legal framework governing claims against public and private entities for sex abuse and molestation
- Senior Associate with seven years of experience handling all types of cases at Kabateck LLP.
- Trial Counsel with multiple multi-million verdicts, including recent $40 million verdict.
- Consumer Attorneys of California Board of Governors (2018-Present)
- Loyola Law School Board of Governors (2015-Present)
- Senior Associate with seven years of experience including handling personal injury, premises liability, products liability, and wrongful death actions.
- Super Lawyer Rising Star 2016-2019
- Finalist, Consumer Attorneys of California, Consumer Attorney of the Year Award, 2015-2016 for work on Stow v. Los Angeles Dodgers
- Tried multiple cases to verdict including a case against LAUSD.
Click on the link below to register or RSVP. REGISTER NOW!