Taking Depositions and Using Them at Trial
Thursday, June 20, 2019
U.S. Bank Tower
Eighth Floor Conference Center
633 W. Fifth St.
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Free of Charge. Space is limited.
Reservations are REQUIRED.
Free parking vouchers provided for the U.S. Bank Tower, and for LA Central Public Library parking lot across the street at 524 South Flower Street Garage
Seminar topics will include:
- Strategies on powerful witness preparation such as formulating focused and tough questions.
- Teaching your clients how to be a deposition witness
- Acceptable preparation practices.
- Effective deposition conduct.
- Rules of depositions such as common admonitions and objections.
- Later use of depositions at settlement and trial such as for impeachment and refreshing recollection.
This seminar will provide you with the maximum amount of useful and worthwhile information, followed by a Q&A session. Takeaways include an outline and PowerPoint slides.
Who should attend?
- Attorneys who want to develop their deposition skills or to sharpen their deposition training.
- Founding and Managing Partner at Kabateck LLP.
- Nationally recognized and respected consumer attorney practicing insurance bad faith, personal injury, pharmaceutical litigation, wrongful death, class action, mass torts and disaster litigation.
- His vigorous litigation on behalf of his clients has netted more than a billion dollars in recoveries.
- Makes regular appearances on CBS This Morning, ABC Good Morning America, CNN, MSNBC, NBC, FOX and CW stations.
- President-2018, Los Angeles County Bar Association.
- Distinguished Alumnus of the Year Award 2018; Loyola Law School, Los Angeles.
- Partner at Kabateck LLP.
- Seasoned trial lawyer with an expertise in litigating personal injury, class actions, insurance bad faith and business litigation cases.
- Successfully litigated many high-profile cases including a record setting verdict in 2014 that involved a contract dispute in Kings County.
- 2018 Southern California Rising Stars-Personal Injury General: Plaintiff.
- Associate at Kabateck LLP.
- Practice focuses on consumer class actions, personal injury, wrongful death, and insurance bad faith claims.
An application requesting MCLE credit for this activity is pending for approval by the State Bar of California.
Click on the link below to register or RSVP. REGISTER NOW!