- Consumer Attorney Association of Los Angeles (CAALA)- Member; 2018 graduate of CAALA’s Plaintiff’s Trial Academy
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC)- Member
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)- Member
- Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Charity- Member
Serena Vartazarian is a Senior Associate with Kabateck LLP with an expertise in catastrophic personal injury, medical malpractice and products liability cases.
Prior to joining Kabateck LLP, Ms. Vartazarian oversaw all aspects of civil litigation including the preparation of pleadings, motions, written discovery, settlement negotiations, mediation and pre/post trial motions at a previous Sherman Oaks based law firm. Ms. Vartazarian has had first and second chair experience in several jury trials. She received her law degree from Southwestern Law School in Los Angeles where she graduated with her J.D. in 2014.
Ms. Vartazarian recently obtained a $2.1 million settlement in a medical malpractice case involving a premature infant who was born at 28 weeks gestational age. Days after being discharged from the NICU in good health, he was brought back to the hospital in distress and assessed by a pediatric ER physician who later sent him home, attributing his symptoms to colic. The next day the plaintiff went into cardiac arrest and was airlifted to the hospital where he was diagnosed with late-onset group B streptococcal infection and Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy. It was undisputed that the child had severe brain damage, would never be able to work or engage in any meaningful conversation, and would require supervision for the rest of his life.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIP
- Southwestern Law School, J.D., 2014
- University of California, Los Angeles. B.A. Anthropology, 2008
- Advocate, Class Certification and Warranty Claims: The Implications of Class Certification Requirements in California State and Federal District Courts for Breach of Warranty Claims in Products-Defect Class Actions (June 2020).