Joshua H. Haffner
Phone | 213.217.5000
Fax | 213.217.5010
Joshua H. Haffner is a partner at Kabateck Brown Kellner, LLP and a frequent leader of the firm's most demanding litigation efforts. A plaintiffs' civil lawyer, through and through, Mr. Haffner has been with the firm since its founding, and has helped recover hundreds of millions for his clients in cases ranging from class action, insurance bad faith, consumer fraud, unfair business practice, unlawful real estate settlement practice, and personal injury litigation.
Mr. Haffner has handled numerous cases through trial and appeal, with a recent notable $8 Million verdict on behalf of an elderly gentlemen who alleged bad faith against his insurance company due to the company's refusal to make good on their promise to protect their client in times of emergency. In addition to the incredible result grounded in insurance bad faith, the verdict was the first of its kind for financial elder abuse against an insurance company under Civil Code section 3345 - a truly groundbreaking result.
In addition to his work as a trial lawyer and litigator, Mr. Haffner also maintains a strong appellate practice, having written and argued several appellate briefs, some having resulted in published appellate opinions. Among the opinions he has helped publish are 21st Century Ins. Co. v. Superior Court (2005) 127 Cal.App.4th 1351 and Doheny Park Terrace Homeowners Ass'n, Inc. v. Truck Ins. Exchange (2005) 132 Cal.App.4th 1076.
Mr. Haffner's extensive experience as both a trial and appellate level attorney sets him apart from his peers. His experience and devotion to plaintiffs' law adds to the firm's versatility as an all-purpose plaintiffs civil practice.
Honors and Recognition
Finalist, Consumer Attorneys of California, Trial Lawyer of the Year - 2012
- "Good Faith Duty Exists from Inception for Excess Carriers," Daily Journal (October 24, 2012)
- "Treble Punitive Damages For Elder Abuse: Are You Claiming Them?" Daily Journal (March 17, 2012)
- "When insurers' litigation tactics become a liability," Daily Journal (January 10, 2014)
- "LA Fitness Sued Over Early Termination," Findlaw (June 24, 2009)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Consumer Attorneys of California - 2002 to present
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles - 2004 to present
- Los Angeles County Bar Association - 2000 to present
- California State Bar - Admitted June 1997
- New York State Bar - Admitted June 1998
Areas of Practice
|Insurance Bad Faith
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- J.D. - 1997
- Cum Laude
- University of Texas at Austin
- B.A. Government - 1993
- High Honors