Shant Karnikian’s practice focuses on consumer class actions, business litigation, and personal injury. Prior to joining the firm as an associate, Mr. Karnikian worked as a full-time post bar law clerk for Kabateck Brown Kellner, whereupon he gained experience in cases ranging from business litigation to legal malpractice as well as consumer class actions.
Most recently, Mr. Karnikian helped obtain a $3.5 million jury verdict for a woman who sustained severe eye injuries while riding on the upper deck of a chartered Starline open-air tour bus. As part of the KBK trial team, Mr. Karnikian successfully argued the bus company lacked safety measures and training for its employees which created a dangerous condition.
Mr. Karnikian received his law degree from Loyola Law School, where he was awarded the Dennis & Anne Beaver Scholarship for exceptional academic merit and community service. In 2010, he was selected to study at Cornell Law School’s summer institute at Universite De Paris Sorbonne where he completed coursework in International Commercial Arbitration, Comparative Law, International Criminal Law, and Human Rights Law. In 2012, he competed in the Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court Competition in Hong Kong, where his team was awarded for their memorandum. Most of his final year of law school was spent working directly alongside the Chief Labor & Employment Counsel at the Los Angeles Unified School District’s Office of General Counsel.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Karnikian earned a B.A. in Political Science at the University of California, Santa Barbara. He has also lobbied in the halls of the state legislature on behalf of the Armenian National Committee of America, the largest Armenian-American interest group in the United States.
- 2017 Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Star
- 2016 Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Star
- 2015 Top Verdict for Vehicle Bus Accident – $3.5 million
- Loyola Law School Board of Governors (2015-Present)
- Consumer Attorney Association of Los Angeles
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- American Bar Association – Vice Chair of Young Lawyer’s Division (2013-2014)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association – Trial Practice Inn of Court Member
- Armenian Bar Association
Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
- J.D., 2012
University of California, Santa Barbara
- B.A. Political Science, 2008
- Daily Journal “AB 2159: Immigration status in civil actions” January 18, 2017
- Advocate “Use of Criminal Convictions in Subsequent Civil Trials” October 28, 2015
- Daily Journal “The Naked Truth: little recourse for cloud based security breaches” September 15, 2014
- Daily Journal “State Laws fail to keep up with the billowing cloud” June 17, 2014
- Daily Journal “State needs to limit gaming of ACA” September 18, 2013
- Daily Journal – Time to put the Demurrer out to Pasture? (