Cheryl Kenner is an associate at Kabateck Brown Kellner, LLP (KBK). As a member of KBK’s litigation team, Cheryl’s practice primarily focuses on personal injury actions, employment law class actions, products liability actions, mass tort actions, and appellate actions. Cheryl has also drafted environmental disaster legislation that the California Legislature has introduced and is currently pushing through the legislative process.
Cheryl received her law degree from Loyola Law School in 2015, where she was a member of the Entertainment Law Review, the Co-President of the Tax Law Society, and the Women’s Law Association’s Community Service Chair. During law school, Cheryl served as a Judicial Extern for the Honorable Alex Kozinski, Chief Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. Cheryl also spent almost a year externing for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s (SEC) Division of Enforcement and its Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations, where she investigated securities industry registrants and participated in various stages of enforcement actions.
Prior to law school, Cheryl was a paralegal for one of the nation’s largest independent residential mortgage lenders and a large Am Law 200-ranked law firm, where her work focused primarily on rehabilitating reinsurance programs.
Cheryl completed her undergraduate studies at the University of California, Los Angeles, where she earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science with a minor in Public Affairs in 2007. During college, Cheryl interned for the American Bar Association’s Governmental Affairs Office in Washington, D.C., where she lobbied federal agencies and members of Congress and reported on congressional hearings.
Cheryl actively volunteers her legal assistance to the Los Angeles community through service organizations, including the Mesereau Free Legal Clinic, the IRS’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA), and the Women’s Domestic Violence Project.
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- Law360 – Navigating Pay Rules for Commissioned Calf. Employees (May 15, 2017)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC)
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CALA)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA)
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles (WLALA)
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles (J.D., 2015)
- University of California, Los Angeles, CA (B.A. in Political Science; Minor in Public Affairs 2007)