As Partner, Anastasia Mazzella works closely with the Managing Partner and the Management Team to develop and implement firm policies, practices, procedures, staffing, and oversees the law and motion practice.
In addition to her management duties, Ms. Mazzella supervises the firm’s intake team, carefully evaluating the broad range of cases that come to Kabateck Brown Kellner, and ultimately recommending whether cases are viable and fit with the firm’s core mission.
Prior to joining Kabateck Brown Kellner, Ms. Mazzella spent five years as a litigator at a civil defense firm where she focused on motion and appellate work. As a defense litigator, Ms. Mazzella researched, drafted and successfully argued over one hundred motions and briefs, in both state and federal courts, in a variety of areas, including products liability, employment, business litigation, professional liability and consumer protection laws. Ms. Mazzella served as a judicial extern for the Honorable S. James Otero of the United States District Court during law school and as Editor in Chief of the Loyola Law Review.
Ms. Mazzella is licensed to practice in California as well as all districts of the United States District Court in California.
Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, Juris Doctor, May 2006
University of California, Los Angeles, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, June 2001
- Loyola Law Review, Editor-in-Chief, June 2005- May 2006
- Loyola Law Review, Staff Member, July 2004 – May 2005
- Otto Kaus Award for Outstanding Achievement in Legal Research, Writing and Editing, 2006
- First Honors Award in Legal Research & Writing, May 2004
- Loyola Scholarship Recipient 2003-2006
- Speaker, Civil Procedure, Murchison & Cumming’s Year in Review, 2010
- Pluggin the App Info Leak, The Recorder, April 19, 2012 (Rich Kellner and Anastasia Mazzella)
- Going Beyond Workers’ Compensation for Injured Employees: A Look at the Common Exceptions to California’s Exclusive Remedy Rule, Advocate, January 2014 (Brian Kabateck and Anastasia Mazzella)
- Admitted to California State Bar, December 2006
- Admitted to all U.S. District Courts of California, December 2006
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Advocate – Going beyond Workers’ Compensation for injured employees (January 01, 2014)
- The Recorder – Plugging the App Info Leak (April 23, 2012)